Dedicated Service Since 1917
 
 
STEPNEY GOES RIT TO NEWTOWN
Monday, April 10, 2017 21:10
-
Stepney Fire was dispatched to 101 Toddy Hill Road in Newtown for a house fire. The fire started in a corner of the basement, in or near the clothes dryer of the one-story house. There were smoke detectors installed throughout the house but they had no batteries in them, according to Fire Marshal Rich Frampton. Damage was estimated at between $50,000 to $75,000. All five Newtown volunteer fire companies were dispatched, along with Stepney, who was called in for RIT.